We strive to partner with a diverse set of vendors to obtain quality goods and services at competitive prices. Firms interested in doing business with Temple University should review the following terms prior to submitting business information for consideration.
To be considered as a vendor at Temple University, the following information must be provided.
- A Certificate of Insurance document evidencing your insurance coverage and policy expiration date (view the Certificate of Insurance page for more information on insurance requirements).
- A cover letter with a brief description about your firm including number of years in business.
- List or supply a line card of all commodities which your firm supplies.
- List three (3) references (with at least one college or university) which you have had or currently have a business relationship. Include contact name, phone number and email address.
- Vendor Qualification Form
- Construction Bidder Qualification Form (if applicable)
- Proper certification if classified as a MWDBE. For more information about MWDBE participation visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Completed documents should be emailed to [click-for-email].
Important—Goods or services valued over $5,000 should not be provided without a Temple-issued purchase order. Failure to obtain a purchase order may result in either delayed or no payment.
Vendor Account Information
Temple University conducts business with external vendors and merchants around the globe. Vendors may create accounts with Temple University for many common processes and information needs related to handling payments, procurement of services and managing transactions. We strive to consistently meet the needs of our university customers and vendor partners. Creating a vendor account is the first step in helping us serve your vendor needs. Vendors can now find all necessary forms and resources on Vendor and Business Partners Quick Links.
- Vendor Payments via VISA Commercial Card
- W-9 Information - Vendor Form
- University W-9 Form
- Certificate of Insurance Requirements
- Vendor Verification Form
- Vendor Direct Deposit Form
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires Temple University to obtain appropriate taxpayer identification information before issuing payments through the accounts payable system. In place of the IRS form W9, Temple University has a substitute form W9 for each vendor/individual to complete before payment is released. Each University department is responsible for requesting the initial substitute form W9 from new vendors. Additionally, the Accounts Payable Office will annually follow IRS guidelines for requesting updated taxpayer information for existing vendors in which the University does not have a current one on file or receives an IRS notice of missing or incorrect taxpayer identification numbers. The University will withhold taxes and submit to the IRS should a vendor fail or refuse to present a completed W9 or provides the University with invalid information. Backup withholding will continue on all payments made to the vendor/individual until an updated W9 is received.