Rules & Regulations:
Temple University provides every student, faculty and staff member an official identification card that includes the person's picture, name and function. This university ID card is known as your OWLcard and is the property of Temple University. The OWLcard must be surrendered upon demand or when the relationship for which the card was issued is no longer in effect. The OWLcard sets forth access levels and/or access restrictions either visibly or through encoding devices on or embedded within the card. Gift Cards of any kind cannot be purchased from any vendor with Diamond Dollars.
Withdrawals / Refunds
- Diamond Dollars may be used at any time so long as the individual cardholder maintains an affiliation with Temple University. Withdrawals will not normally be made to individuals who are or are expected to maintain an affiliation with the university. When an individual, either voluntarily or involuntarily ceases to maintain a university affiliation the individual must submit a written request for closure to the OWLcard office.
- Diamond Dollars balances for students will be applied to the student's tuition account and refund checks will be mailed to the student's address of record.
- There is a $10 minimum for all account closeouts. The university will not process refunds for less than that amount.
- Diamond Dollars balances for employees will be applied to the employee's payroll account and issued as a part of the employee's final payroll payment.
- Refunds involving individual purchases should be discussed directly with the merchant. Each merchant has the ability to process their own refunds for customers.
- Tuition Billing: Diamond Dollars account holders will be permitted to deposit a maximum of $1,000 per semester into their Diamond Dollars account via billing to their tuition account. Diamond Dollars reserves the right to refuse any tuition billing request if the account holder is not in good financial standing with the university. These funds cannot be used to pay tuition. This feature is NOT available throughout the year, ONLY at the beginning of fall and spring semesters.
- Checks: The maximum dollar amount for a check deposit is $1,000. Account holders wishing to deposit in excess of this amount must visit our website to process an e-check deposit.
- Credit Cards: The maximum amount for web deposits made through credit card will be $1,500 and a convenience fee from the credit card service provider may be charged.
- Multiple Deposits: If multiple deposits are made to the same cardholder account, Diamond Dollars reserves the right to "hold" subsequent deposit funds until the initial deposit has been confirmed. Credit card deposits typically take 3-7 days to process, while hand written checks take 10-17 days to clear.
Individual cardholders are responsible for the safe keeping of their OWLcard. It is the responsibility of the individual cardholder to report any lost or stolen cards immediately upon discovery of the loss or theft. Individual cardholders shall not be liable for any expenditures made with their OWLcard once the card has been reported as lost or stolen to the proper authorities. Liability shall be limited to $50 for any card properly reported as lost or stolen. Written documentation of the theft or loss must be submitted to both the Temple University Police and the OWLcard office to be relieved of any liability for loss. Where applicable, documentation must include copies of reports to local police.
Diamond Dollars issues cards that can be used by departments. The department's budget unit head must complete and submit a Diamond Dollars Cardholder Agreement and follow all university policies pertaining to their use. Diamond Dollar policies and procedures are included here. Monthly statements must be reviewed by the cardholder and approved by a dean, director or budget unit head. These reviewed and signed statements are periodically audited for compliance with university policies including travel and expense reimbursement, catering use and procurement activities.
Replacing Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
On the main campus, you must come to the OWLcard office (Howard Gittis Student Center, first floor suite 101 next to the food court) for replacement of your OWLcard. The fee for replacing a lost, stolen or damaged card is $20. You can pay your fee with cash, Diamond Dollars or bill your tuition. All OWLcards must be reactivated in person or via the secure website.
Replacement cards are also issued on the Ambler Campus and Center City Campus.
Non-Negotiable Payments (Returned Checks, Money Orders or Credit Card payments, etc.)
Any items used to fund Diamond Dollar accounts which are returned as non-negotiable (i.e. insufficient funds, account closed, exceeding credit limits, etc.) will be assessed a processing fee of $25.00 plus any charges levied by the financial institution. Charges plus the face value of the transaction will be charged to the individual's Diamond Dollar account.
Diamond Dollars accounts showing no cardholder activity during the previous twelve-month (12) period are considered inactive. Inactive accounts will be assessed an annual $25 inactivity charge. A notice of inactive account status for balances in excess of $100 will be sent to account holders at their last known address.
Any requests for adjustments must be made in writing to the OWLcard office within 30 days of the transaction date. Requests for adjustments to accounts must be accompanied by sufficient documentation (receipts, cancelled checks, etc.) to allow for research and resolution. The office will respond within five (5) working days of receipt of the written request and documentation.
Any questions, problems or comments can be directed to email@example.com .