If the traveler has been a victim of a crime, harassment, discrimination, terrorism, natural disaster, etc. there is help available from Temple University.
- Students studying abroad or traveling with a Temple group leader should notify their program/resident director as soon as possible.
- If there is no on-site staff associated with the program or the patient is traveling independent of a group, call Temple University’s Police 24/7 at 215-204-1234. TUPD will locate the Director, International Risk Management (or her back-up), who will return the call.
Another option for American citizens is to contact the U.S. Department of State’s (U.S. DOS) American Citizen Services, who are prepared to assist with emergencies abroad.
- Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or visit the U.S. DOS emergency abroad webpage to locate the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate and to read more emergency information.
- From overseas, call 1 (202) 501-4444
- From the U.S. and Canada, call 1 (888) 407-4747